When it comes to moving specialty materials for a commercial move, most moving companies supply a list of exactly which items they absolutely will not transport.
A typical Do Not Ship List / Non-Allowables List may include:
– Hazardous materials. Every do not ship list for commercial moving will include hazardous materials. Even if you may not consider them hazardous, the commercial moving company you hire will give you a reference list just in case. This includes: paint, aerosol cans, paint thinner, batteries, fire extinguishers, and other similar items. Graebel Van Lines® recommends that you try to use up these items prior to moving, so that you are not wasting costly materials right before your commercial move.
– Explosives. It goes without say that your commercial movers will not move ammunition, black powder, primers, propellants, or even souvenir explosives like fireworks. You will need to find alternative measures for having these items transported to your new office location.
– Flammable materials. Items like kerosene, charcoal, lighter fluid, and paint remover are flammable. Our prestigious commercial movers also recommend that you read labels and discard of anything else that is described as flammable.
– Corrosives. Depending on your industry, you may be dealing with a lot of corrosives on a day-to-day basis. The majority of commercial movers will not move items like muriatic acid, nitric acid, and batteries with acid. Batteries that are okay to move are the non spillable gel-type.
– Power Equipment that has Fuel. The simple solution to this issue is to remove all fuel from all equipment fuel tanks.
Now that you are well aware of the items that a typical commercial mover will not move for you, it is important to know that Graebel Van Lines® are anything but typical! Our commercial movers have over 60 years of experience moving very large commercial properties, corporations, warehouses, distribution centers, and the grittiest of industries that deal with a lot of hazardous materials that would typically be on a do not ship list for commercial moving. Regardless of whether you are moving a library or moving a high-tech laboratory, our commercial movers can handle nearly all items on the do not ship list and non-allowable list, or recommend a way to transport or ship the items.
Optim Workspace™, a Graebel Van Lines® Company, helps coordinate and create an ideal moving and logistics plan for any industry, so if you are a specialty industry that deals with a lot of hazardous materials and chemicals, and you are looking to change business locations, you no longer have to worry about a commercial mover who won’t move your darkroom chemicals or fertilizers to keep your greenhouse going. Contact our industrial commercial movers at 855-359-7535.