Choosing the best time to schedule your long distance move can be a challenge if you don’t know all of the facts about moving during different times of the year. You’re in luck, though! Professional long distance movers, Graebel Van Lines, has excellent advice when it comes to choosing the best time to move long distance.
- Schedule your long distance movers for the “off-season” – If your schedule is flexible, consider moving any month other than June or July. These months are considered moving season, so long distance moving prices are higher. Also, the first and last day of the month are popular times to move, so schedule your move for some time in the middle of the month and watch the cost of your long distance move decrease.
- Plan on buying a home and moving during Winter- It is a known fact that home-buying decreases in the winter months when it is colder, and people are busy with the holidays and work. What does this mean for you? Less competition and more options when it comes to packing your home and moving long distance. With fewer people buying homes, fewer people are moving, so long distance movers are more likely eager for your business.
- BUT…If you have kids, move during summer – Although a long distance move during summer may be more expensive, it will most likely be better for your kids. Moving children long distances in the middle of a school year can affect them mentally and physically, but moving them in between grades gives them time to adjust to their new surroundings and make new friends. Who can put a price on that?
- Consider the weather – Depending on where you are moving, it may have an effect on when you decide to schedule your long distance movers. If you are moving to Florida, you most likely do not have to worry about snowy and icy conditions during winter, so moving long distance during this time may not be an issue. However, if you are moving to New York, winter may not be an ideal time to move because weather conditions can be harsh and roads can get blocked off or shut down.
- Think about holidays and events – Although it may be cheaper to move during the “off-season”, it may not be right for you and your family because of all the holidays. If you have a family and consider holiday traditions important, it could be stressful to move long distance in the winter months. Pay attention to the coming year’s events before you schedule a long distance moving company, as well. If your sister is getting married in California in early April, it may not be the best idea to move long distance to North Carolina in late March.
In deciding the best time to schedule long distance movers, Graebel Van Lines wants you to remember to take into account what is going on in your life and the lives of those who are moving with you. This will help you decide the best time to start the next chapter in your life.