Moving Company with Local Office in Earth City, MO
If you are taking the leap and moving to St. Louis, you are not the only one who has made a life changing jump before. In fact, the first successful jump from a moving airplane was made by Captain Berry in St. Louis back in 1912.
When it comes to the “Show Me State,” St. Louis is the second-largest city in terms of city proper population, with a total population of just over 300,000. The city of St. Louis is actually built on top of a network of caves that used to be used as hiding places for escaping slaves, as well as for hoarding and transporting alcohol during the Prohibition.
Since the Gateway Arch is the one thing that comes to mind when people think of St. Louis, there are some things that all future residents should know:
– The Arch is 630 feet high
– The Arch does have 1,076 stairs to the top, but they are for emergency maintenance only.
– Each year the Arch sees roughly four million visitors.
– Of the four million annual visitors, one million will take the tram cars to the top of the Arch, while the other three million view it from the ground.
– In 1965, the keystone was placed in the Arch and it holds a time capsule containing the signatures of 762,000 St. Louis schoolchildren from that time period.
Graebel Van Lines® St. Louis is proud to move families and offices to the Gateway City. Our St. Louis movers provide the ultimate white-glove moving experience, packing your belongings straight from your dressers, cabinets, and closets.
Graebel Van Lines® is the only national moving company that owns and manages its entire moving service line so that you never have to worry if your move to St. Louis is in good hands or not. Regardless of whether you are moving to St. Louis locally or from out-of-state, Graebel Van Lines® of St. Louis can take care of your move every step of the way.
Whenever you are ready to make your move to St. Louis, call our St. Louis movers for an at-home moving quote.