If you are going to be traveling a long distance and moving across the country, there are a ton of things that can make your life easier. Being in the age of mobile, there is nothing better than having the world and all of the information in it right at the tips of your fingers. Graebel Van Lines®, your cross country movers, have compiled a list of moving apps that can be extremely helpful on your long drive.
- Yelp – Of course, Yelp is one of the best moving apps, or apps in general. Mostly every business has a presence on Yelp, and there are a ton of people who are active reviewers. This app is helpful for finding things near you, for information on the business, and directions on how to get there.
- Moving Van – This moving app comes in handy when it comes to packing and unpacking your belongings. It allows for you to track what you put into each box, and also lets you take photos of the items inside. You can title the box in the app whatever you label the box in real life.
- Travel Games – There are many games all over the app store. Before you head out for your drive, cross country movers suggest downloading puzzles, riddles, digital board games, and more to keep entertained for the entire ride.
- Gas Buddy – This moving app works for both iPhone and Android. It allows for you to find the cheapest place to fill up your gas tank, regardless of what city in the country you are in.
- Astrid Task and To-Do List – Stay organized with this moving app that lets you set reminders, deadlines, tasks, and lists. After your move, cross country movers believe that this smartphone app can help you keep your daily life organized, just like your move.
- TripIt Travel Organizer – You can map out your entire destination, giving you’re the opportunity to enter all of your hotels and stops along the way. Once you reach your destination, you can find restaurants and more recreational places nearby.
- Google Maps Navigation – Another moving app that works for both iPhone and Android, Google Maps is one of the best ways to read a map. For Android users, this app should already be downloaded into your phone. Your cross country movers agree that this mapping app definitely beats reading a paper map while on the road, and eliminates the need for a big, bulky GPS suction cupped to your windshield.